“Being Django Jane” begins in January 2020. You and up to 11 other women will meet in live weekly online sessions for 6 weeks to learn tools to help unchain yourselves from church girl shame and guilt about flesh, sex, and pleasure; love your bodies; and find WHOLENESS in body, mind, and spirit. As Toni Morrison told us through Baby Sugg’s sermon in Beloved, “Yonder, they do not love your flesh. … You got to love it, you!” So let’s fortify ourselves for the new decade with radical self-love!
Here’s all the technical info on how this online workshop will work:
- There are two sections.
- Space in each section is limited to 6 participants.*
- Section 1 will meet live once a week during the day. (The day will be Monday, Tuesday, or Friday.)
- Section 2 will meet live once a week in the evening. (The evening will be Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday.)
- You may join one section only and will need to commit to that section for the entire six weeks. This is to preserve the small group format and to help facilitate camaraderie in each group.
- I will send out a Doodle poll on December 21, 2019 to determine which day of the week each section will fall on.
- We will begin the week of January 6th.
- All sessions will take place via Zoom or a similar online conferencing method. You can join by computer or phone, but computer is best because sometimes I’ll need to share my screen. I’ll send you a meeting access code on January 5, 2020.
- I’ll invite you to the class Moodle site so you can see the weekly writing prompts and access digital copies of anything we read.
- I will supply digital copies of all readings. You don’t have to buy any books for this class.
- Every week will be recorded, and you’ll be able to listen to each session again as you need to, or if you miss one.
- Recordings will be kept on the class Moodle site until we’re out of storage space. Then the recordings will move to Dropbox. (Both the Moodle site and Dropbox are password protected.)
- Depending on interest, I’ll organize a hidden Facebook group available only to participants so we can share insights and encouragements with each other in between sessions.
So let’s review:
- 6 weeks
- Small group
- Live sessions
- Tools for getting over church girl guilt and shame and getting WHOLE in mind, body, and spirit
Registration for this course is on a sliding scale, $383-$547. Payment plans are available. Just let me know if you’re interested in one.
Secure your spot with a non-refundable** $65 deposit via PayPal and add a note indicating whether you want the day or evening session. $65 is all that’s due today. After I receive your deposit, you’ll get an invoice for the balance. If you’d prefer not to use a payment plan, please pay the registration fee ($383-$547) in full.
Any other questions? Let’s schedule a time to talk.
*I will open a waiting list and let you know ASAP if anyone cancels.
**Deposits are only refundable if 1) the course is full when you register, or 2) if I cancel the course. If you don’t attend the course, I will cherish your deposit as a donation to the Black Womanhood (Re-) Affirmation Project and all the unpaid labor I continue to do for it.